Friday 2 December 2016

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - Good or Bad?

Lately, I have went through the list of anime that I started. As a result of personal issues, I have abandoned my otaku life... like completely (; ̄Д ̄).


One of the anime that I started to watch is "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!". It is an anime from Kyoto Animation studio. To be honest, I will watch anything made by them but I think this anime is that one exception!

One good point about this anime is the animation because as always it is beautiful!! The main character (Rikka Takanashi ) from this anime is also very well known as when the series began there was so many people that started to cosplay her. Those two factors encourage me even more to watch it as if it has such a fan base it must be good.(」゜ロ゜)」

I think the reason that I didn't find the liking in the anime was that I had high expectations to the plot itself. I knew that the anime includes some supernatural theme so you thought this is another "Koukai no Kanata". As you may not know, this anime was just INCREDIBLE! Unfortunately, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai was just an anime about delusional kids that are too cringy to watch. >.< This is my opinion as I give all anime a shot but no matter how much I forced myself, I couldn't enjoy it.  My friend who was watching said it suppose to be fun but because of my high expectations and my deep sense of reality... this was not anime for me.

If you want to know the plot of this anime is that a boy named Yuta who suffers from Chūnibyō  which translates to 'second year middle school student disease'. This means he just imagines himself having powers and that he is "Dark Flame Master". As a result of how he was acting in middle school, he never made any friends. (I'm not wondering why) Therefore, in High school he decided to leave his 'dark' past and be normal until he meets girl called Rikka who unfortunately is still in this delusion.

I don't know if I don't have good patience because this may be a story that develops and ends well but after 5 episodes I gave up. This reminds of weeboo's that watch too much Naruto and start to become 'Naruto' themselves.... just don't ಠ_ಠ

Please tell me in the comments what do you think about this anime :<



3 comments:

  1. Well Kyoukai no Kanata existed because of this show. This anime, as you said, are indeed pretty cringey especially the chuunibyou part. However, looking over their habits, there were a tremendous amount of character development which is GREAT. It was the second season that is a bit flat. But the coming seasons finally got its charm back. This is just my view, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This anime is good, but I just wanted to mention that Rin Tohsaka is the best waifu ever from Fate series.

    ReplyDelete